“RESPECT THE GAME”
- It is important to win games, but it is more important to respect the game of baseball. Texas Canes coaches will teach players how to play with integrity, honor and respect for their opponent and their own team. Furthermore, each player, parent and coach will be held accountable for their sportsmanship on and off the field.
- The reason we play, coach and watch baseball is the love of the game! Sometimes the pressure and frustration of competition can overshadow the game. Therefore, we will make an effort to the importance of ones dedication to the game of baseball.
- Every player has their own style, but at the core of every good player are fundamentals. We recognize that for our young athletes to develop into solid players we must be committed to teaching solid fundamentals. At practice time we are 100% committed that all players establish solid fundamentals.
- Great ball players are smart ball players. Our coaches will teach players the overall strategy of the game and the emphasis on baseball IQ. IQ will teach you to make SOUND decisions on the field, to prepare both mentally and physically for the game.
- A team is only successful when each athlete puts the goals of the team first. A team that achieves success is a team dedicated to all members and their contributions to that success.
- Practice is the core of ones success, but we understand that having game experience is essential to that achievement. We realize that game time is essential for a player to grow and achieve success. While the Texas Canes organization will not guarantee equal playing time, we will ensure that all player’s get an opportunity.
LESSONS FROM THE GAMECOMPOSURE
We know and understand from experience that athletes and coaches sometimes lose proper perspective on the game. When situations become intense, gets out of alignment, negative input problems can occur. Its then that as a team , coach, parent that we must not allow this to impact our players. Games can and will be at times extremely competitive, therefore its crucial that we are able to handle and turn those situations into positive outcomes, not negative results!
Our athletes will not only face game competition, but in life as well. It is important that we focus and strive to be the best we can, play with a sense of pride, be a role model, be positive, support teammates, and maintain a high level of integrity in everything we do.