Parents Roles & Responsibilities
*For all Texas Canes Activities*
We encourage our Texas Canes parents, family member(s) and friends to always create a positive experience for each team member, coaching staff, and others within the organization. The Texas Canes Family and coaching staff believes in parent interaction. We encourage all levels of support along with welcoming family, financial, organizational, and promotional support. Occasionally there can and will be a difference in opinions of coaching and philosophies. Our goal is to provide clear communication to all so you know what to expect and most importantly, what you are getting into. Texas Canes Baseball is not for everyone. We will never place one person over the organization.
Parents can make a difference!
- Practice with your son on their own time on improving individual skills.
- Never make any negative comments in front of players or other parents.
- Please never bring up negative issues or concerns during tournament paly, please be considerate of situation and wait until tournaments are over. Respect the coaching staffs decisions, if you feel there is a problem consider offering solutions to the concerns you have.
- Before you place blame on someone or any situation make certain you have 100% the truth of circumstances and have the facts before passing judgement. There is no place for lies in this organization. Go to the source if you have an issue, be an adult and work it out as adults should before getting a coach involved, unless absolutely necessary.
Set the example, don’t be the example!
Maintain your Positive Support and Encouragement while expressing Empathy towards all sharing in the Canes experience. You are expected to promote positive feedback and cheers while demonstrating Respect for the game of Baseball. As a parent you must instill Confidence, Trust and the decision making ability of our coaches and staff. Keep in mind they have a lifetime of knowledge making decisions in the best interest of your child’s Athletic & Personal Development.
Failure to comply will result in the following Process:
- A warning will be issued verbally to all involved.
- There will be no repercussions to all parties involved if compliant to our wishes to verbally disengage and immediately leave the scene.
- If confrontation continues past a warning with member, parent, family member or friend of the member involved or relationship in the incident in anyway, will be asked to leave the dugout and continue to watch from the seating area outside the playing field.
- If you choose to stay engaged, all involved will suffer.
- Gone from the program no questions asked…