- Don’t walk on the field, run on and off!
- Respect the game, where your uniform correctly. Jerseys are tucked inside the pants at all times.
- Keep a clear lane with all equipment bags, place under dugout benches, or hang properly on fences. If your area is clean you will play clean! No equipment bags in the middle of the walking areas of the dugout.
- Keep your hat and glove together, know where your gear is.
Play As A Team Put the team first, being a solid team player is key to success. Recognize the success of fellow teammates, in addition be there as positive support and pick up a player when down. Supporting your teammates can and will make a difference. We will succeed and fail as both individuals and as a team, its the lesson learned thereafter how we get better, remember that!
- No matter the situation, stay focused on the game, concentrate, keep your mind into what’s happening and understand the situation so your ready to make a play.
- Become a master of the fundamentals. To become a performing player on game day, become a great practice player first.
- Learn from adversity. Mistakes will happen in baseball. Errors are part of the game. Learn from them and move on. Every player and coach will make errors that are both physical and mental. What sets winning teams apart from others is the ability to minimize these mistakes throughout the season. Learn from the experience.
- Anticipate each pitch and fielding situation. Never be a spectator when you are on the field, be prepared to be involved in every play. With every pitch anticipate the action and get in position to make the play. No the outs, call them so others can hear and know situation if ball is hit to them.
- Be an example and show your respect for your team and the game.
- Be a good communicator. There is a time to talk and a time to listen—know the difference.
- Run a hard 90 no matter what, there are times when a routine play falls apart and a hard 90 gets you on base.
- Get your signs from coach, if not sure step out and check to clarify.
- If you fly out run back to dugout.
- After the third out when we are on offense drop equipment wherever you are on the bases or hand coach your helmet then proceed to hustle to your position.
- We will always dive back to the bag no matter what on any pick off throws.
- We always pick up our teammates glove if left stranded on the bases after the third out.
- If a pitcher is taken out of the game, hand the ball to the coach and hustle to the dugout. Relief pitcher must hustle to the mound from the bullpen.
- Infield & Outfield always be communicating with fly balls, passed balls, wild pitches. Keep yourself in the game. Help out others.
- Stay active on your feet, get your body moving on pre-pitch, be ready to get the ball and make a play. Don’t get caught off guard, outfield moving on the crack of the bat stay focused to track ball.
- No the outs.